Uptown Law Firm seeking full-time bilingual Administrative Assistant
Great opportunity to work with an international firm in Charlotte, North Carolina and work in a multi-lingual environment. Position is Full-Time: Monday-Friday (9:00 am-5:00 pm). This position requires assisting a Senior Partner and other lawyers with day-to-day needs such as writing in German and English, translations, billing, filing, answering phones, updating spreadsheets, working on ad hoc projects and managing databases.
Ideal Candidates will have 1-5 years office experience at a law or accounting firm or other client- based service industry, strong Excel and PC skills and the ability to effectively multi-task.
Must be fluent in German and English and be able to type in both languages (via recorded transcriptions). Candidates must have the ability to speak both languages comfortably and maintain a professional demeanor with clients, both in-person and over the phone.
• Writing letters and emails in German and English
• Translation (often from German to English, but also reverse)
• Billing and WIP/AR review
• Office support and management of office supplies, mail, etc.
• Arranging overseas travel and accommodation
• Drafting of administrative letters, memoranda & general administrative documents
• Research/drafting of firm’s newsletter and website articles, upload and edit articles (in German and/ or English), update subscriber contacts for firm’s newsletter
• Customer Care / Client Management
• Assisting in all other ad hoc office duties
• Fluent in English AND German (Candidates must demonstrate either native or fluent German language ability, as this is a core component of the position)
• Strong secretarial / administrative experience
• Fully computer literate with very good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of billing and attorney software (for example Quicken, TimeMatters, TimeSlips, Amicus) as well as web-design software (Joombla or other) is a plus
• Good management, organizational and numerical skills
• Hardworking team player
• Excellent Communication skills
Please send application and resume to Byrne, Davis & Hicks, P.C., Attn: Reinhard von Hennigs via email email@example.com
und viele Grüße aus Charlotte
Reinhard von Hennigs