P: +1 (980) 219-5200
F: +1 (980) 219-5299
Monica Boccia is Of Counsel at BridgehouseLaw’s office in Charlotte. As an Italian native with legal training in Italy and the U.S. and with an extensive experience as in-house counsel, Ms. Boccia focuses on corporations’ general needs, such as mediating matters with clients, contract negotiations and drafting, employment matters, cross-border and domestic business transactions, including corporate and commercial law. She advises on the formation and operation of U.S. subsidiaries and on a variety of corporate matters. Ms. Boccia also serves as Outside General Counsel for various Italian companies in the Charlotte area.
Prior to starting her collaboration with Bridgehouse Law, Ms.Boccia worked as an associate in an international boutique law firm in Italy, concentrating mainly on contract negotiations and international contracts and arbitrations. She received her law degree in Italy and completed her LL.M. degree at University of Pennsylvania Law School in Philadelphia, PA. In addition to Italian, her native language, she is fluent in English and Spanish and has a reading knowledge of French and Portuguese.
Focus of practice
- General corporate matters
- Contract drafting and negotiations (GTC, distribution agreements)
- NC Employment Law
- Domestic and International Contract Law and Sales.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- 1999 to present, In-House and Outside General Counsel for various companies both in Italy and in Charlotte, NC.
- 1996 to 1998, Associate at STUDIO BERNINI E TAMPIERI, Bologna, Italy
- 1994 to 1995, Master of Laws (LL.M.) at UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- 1985 to 1990, Law school (JD) at UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI BOLOGNA, Bologna, Italy.
- 1989, Fellowship from the Erasmus Program to conduct research on E.U.Law. at UNIVERSIDAD DE GRANADA, Granada, Spain.
- Active member of the North Carolina State Bar
- Admitted to practice in Italy