Of Counsel Atlanta
P: +1 (404) 495 5000
F: +1 (678) 222 3401
David Hopkins is of Counsel in the BridgehouseLaw Atlanta office. He is a commercial litigator with 20 years of experience in complex business litigation, including both federal and state court class action defense, administrative proceedings before the Georgia Commissioner of Insurance, Public Service Commissions, and other regulatory authorities, and various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Hopkins is experienced in defending and prosecuting contract, tort, and statutory claims involving breaches of restrictive covenants (non-competition, non-solicitation, employee piracy and confidentiality), RICO violations, the UCC, products liability, franchise disputes, fraud, tortious interference with contractual relations, misappropriation of trade secrets, breaches of fiduciary duty (arising out of joint venture and various other confidential relationships) and personal injury.
- 2014-Present Of Counsel at BridgehouseLaw Atlanta
- 2013-Present Partner at J. David Hopkins Law LLC
- 2002-2013 Partner at Locke Lord LLP
- 1996-2001 Attorney at Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- 1994-1996 Law Clerk for United States District Court Judge Harold L. Murphy (N.D. Ga.)
- College of William & Mary School of Law J.D., 1994, 1991 – 1994
- University of Virginia 1984 – 1988
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Georgia Bar